1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exactmats or Genuine Toyota?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Nov 27, 2004.

1. norbert

norbert New Member

Anyone have a preference?

On a related note, I checked on the cost of importing from Japan the Toyota cargo mat which covers the cargo area with the seats folded down. The shipping was high because of the size, and the total cost would have been around $400. I wish Exactmats would build a similar product.

2. techogurl

techogurl New Member

You could do what I did with my last vehicle and buy the hallway running mats from a office store and then take some newspaper and cut out your pattern.

3. tntna

tntna New Member

Depends on what you are looking for. I have been reading posts on this topic for a few days. Seems that the exactmats are more or less a plastic shield for the floor. The Toyota, due out in Jan for the US, are rubber and act more as a resevoir for holding water from snow that would melt off shoes. Exactmats would not hold contain the water from what I have read and too much water could roll to the edges potentially getting on the carpet. So it really depends on your need. Mind you, I have neither product.

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Apples and bananas! Exactmats are clear heavy vinyl, the Toyota mats are carpet. I have both. Carpet for summer, Exactmats for winter.

5. jchu

jchu New Member

Actually bruceha, tntna is right. There are rubber reservoir Prius mats coming out from Toyota in January. These are different from the carpet mats they currently stock. I have mine on order through toyotapartsnow, aka Eddie Bell a PC sponsor. They are running $65 for the set.

6. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the Exactmats and the Toyota mats (under them). The Toyota ones came with the car. I have always had all weather car mats. The Exactmats are OK but not the best I have ever owned I find them a bit hard to clean and would prefer a mat with a raised edge. I may at least look at the new Toyota mats.

7. randalla

randalla Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I also have the exactmats placed on top of my carpeted Prius floor mats. Like I've done with all of my previous cars, for the winter, the carpeted mats come out and the rubberized mats with ribs and raised edges go in if only to protect the carpet underneath from the wintertime mess.

8. fyaeger

fyaeger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased the RubberTite matts from www.matdepot.com . "Each mat has hundreds of "cups" to hold water, mud, snow, sand and spills." $64 incl S/H for front and back. They do NOT have a raised edge which bothered me at first. Now, all I notice is that I dont notice them at all. The gray matts match the gray color of the carpeting exactly. I am very pleased.

9. DaddyLongLegs

DaddyLongLegs Junior Member

I have the Toyota all weather mats and they hold water in the hexagonal patterns. Also, they fit exactly the contours of the floor and don't slip, plus you get the nifty Prius logo at no extra cost!

10. jchu

jchu New Member

Already ordered my Toyota Brand Prius Mats but the mats fyaeger referenced look great.

11. santoro1

santoro1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(norbert @ Nov 27 2004, 12:43 PM) [snapback]52984[/snapback]</div>
    Has anyone looked at Mats4less. They have a cargo liner that looks pretty sturdy with a 2 inch lip. THey also have the same liner for the passenger compartments. I am leaning towards the cargo liner. Not sure about the passenger compartment. I have the Prius car mats coming with the car, however being in south Florida we get a lot of rain. Had I seen these before ordering the car mats from Toyota, I might have simply gotten these tray liners. They come in black, gray, and beige. With my gray interior I may go with black to offset the color a bit. I think it would look sharp. Any thoughts. The website is http://floormats4less.stores.yahoo.net/prcaiicali.html

12. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jchu @ Nov 29 2004, 01:36 PM) [snapback]53427[/snapback]</div>
    I gpt Toyota all weather floor mats a few weeks ago through Sigma Automotive, but I seem to remember hearing somewhere that these were brought in from Canada. I got them for winter snow and slush, and I'll probably get something similar for my cargo area - I haven't seen Toyota ones, but I might get the Weathertech one. Or are people saying that Toyota is coming out with an all-weather CARGO mat in January??

13. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

Hmm, I just flipped the rear mat upside down. The rubberized downside now up seems sufficient to protect from light moisture damage and it fits perfectly.