1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ExactMats Question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by smarano, Sep 21, 2006.

1. smarano

smarano Junior Member

I'm seriously considering the ExactMat floor mats after seeing how well the ExactMat cargo liner has fit and blended with the Toyota OEM carpeted cargo liner that came with my Prius. I currently have the $20 Costco all-weather floor mats which I would probably continue to use in the winter. Couple of questions though:

- Just how big are the floor mats? Are they cut to basically cover the entire 'foot well' edge-to-edge, or do they simply match the dimensions of the Toyota OEM carpeted floormats? The thing that impresses me about the ExactMat cargo liner is that it covers edge-to-edge, and I was hoping the Exactmat floor mats would be the same and give more coverage than standard OEM carpet mats.

- Did anyone here opt for ExactMat's so-called 'UniMat' option for the rear floor mats (i.e the single mat that goes over hump)? If so, how good was the fit? Did it 'adhere' tightly to the center hump?

Any firsthand impressions would be greatly appreciated.

Stevejm

2. nyconrad

nyconrad Cconrad in Virginia

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stevejm @ Sep 21 2006, 10:52 AM) [snapback]322809[/snapback]</div>
    I bought the mats and are very pleased with the fit. They cover edge-to-edge(overlaps the edges of the carpeted mats giving a little more protection). I like the fact they are clear and unobtrusive. I also got the 1 pc. for the back. It also covers edge-to-edge. It is a little lifted over the hump, but I will just trim about 1/4 inch on each side so it lays flat over the hump. Over all, it is a good coice in my opinion. My only worry is that during the winter with melting snow on shoes is that the melted snow will run off the mats and hit the sides of the carpeting. I will probably get something with deep grooves for the winter.

3. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I do not like the Exactmats. Yes, they fit like a glove. Great, until it rains or you get sand on your shoes. All the rain/mud/sand will just slide off to the edge. I wish I got the type where they have little cups on the mat to catch all these junk.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) I am pleased with ExactMats. I did trim about ¼" off the cargo area back since it overlapped the carpet a little too much.