1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

EXCELLENT experience with Fitzgerald Lakeforest (Gaithersburg, MD)

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by McBragg, Aug 4, 2008.

1. McBragg

McBragg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Prius search began in earnest in in early June (right around the beginning of the "$5k over MSRP phenomenon"). I'm in NJ and was willing to travel a few hundred miles. I called at least a dozen dealers - many in NY and NJ but some in CT, Mass, NH. Fitzgerald Auto's website claims a straightforward, no haggle buying experience. With skepticism, I spoke with salesman John Reida who was professional, direct, and pleasant. I was paranoid, untrusting, and guarded.
    Me:You mean you're not going to add pin-striping or undercoating at the last minute and make me decide to pay for those add-ons or walk away from my new car?
    John:No, this is really the bottom-line price. We won't add anything unless you ask us to.
    Me:You mean when I come to pick up my car, you're not going to add some additional, cryptic fees.
    John:There are no hidden fees. The price we discussed is really the final, bottom-line price
    Me:You mean . . [and so on]

The price was MSRP $24,309 Package 2 (which I consider fair and reasonable, given the Prius market during the past few months) + NJ sales tax (+ optional $99 processing fee & NJ DMV fees, to have dealership arrange tags, etc). Wait time was expected to be 6-12 weeks. The car actually arrived at the dealership in about 7.5 weeks, in our first choice color (magnetic gray).

During the entire process, from initial conversation, through my 'How much longer?' phone calls during the wait, the actual sales transaction at the dealership, John was kind, informative, and patient. He continually gave the impression that customer service was his goal. His enthusiasm & knowledge were particularly apparent while he oriented my family to our new car.

I find this level of service rather disorienting, particularly from a car salesperson. But I sure could get used to it.

Sandy in NJ