1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

excellent source of used parts: www.car-parts.com

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by prius4ed, May 5, 2011.

1. prius4ed

prius4ed Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ebay is not the final word. I felt compelled to share a source for excellent, used parts. Go to www.car-parts.com and search by vehicle and part. You get a list of many salvage yards across the country, you can sort by distance (to find one near you), and by price. The condition of the parts is shown. The service is free. I've bought Prius parts from dozens of vendors, and had great success. The places are professional, and pack the stuff well before shipping. The ones I've used took the time to plug the ports when applicable (like on a brake booster). They take credit cards. I just bought a used, excellent condition multifunction display (MFD) for my Prius ($900 on Ebay) for $200. Mine has the backup camera, so it has a higher resolution screen (I hear). Other MFDs can cost only $150. I've bought throttle bodies, body parts, anything you can't buy aftermarket. For small OEM items, the dealer is still cheaper due to the shipping costs related to car-parts.com. One caution: some vendors are in Canada, and I called a few without knowing it. Their shipping costs were really high, and so was my phone bill for those calls! Happy Motoring!

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For some of us, that's good news, not a caution. ;)
    Cross-border shipping tends to get expensive, and because of differences in models, not all parts will be compatible.

Another great source for used parts - and whole, repaired cars - is AutoBeYours.

3. carbuilder

carbuilder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those sites are good. But what websites would you guys recommend if I want to purchase new car parts?

4. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you're looking for toyota oem I'd like at an online distrubitor like toyota parts barn.