1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Excessive Repairs

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Marty Wexler, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Marty Wexler

Marty Wexler New Member

I own two Prius', a 2002 and a 2004. The 2002 has turned into my "Grand Nightmare" !!!! AT 40,000+ miles the computer, gas tank and gas tank bladder had to be replaced. At 57,000+ miles the transmission had to be replaced. At 67,000+ miles the second transmission had to be replaced. At 92,000 miles the power steering computer had to be replaced. At under 100,000 miles Toyota told me the rack and pinion steering might have to be replaced. To add insult to injury the 3rd transmission in the car is making the same strange sound it has done before every failure. Toyota covered the repairs under warrant except for the last two. Total cost of repairs is actually more than the cost of the vehicle when new.

I do not have a problem with the 2004.....but then it is still under 40,000 miles. I am curious to know whether anyone else has had similar problems.

Thanks
    Marty

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Whoa! That's the most repairs we've heard of. Let's hope yours is an isolated incident. Odd that the PSD had to be replaced so many times.

Keep us updated.

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

10,000 miles on the PSD? what's up with that? There is something here that the mechanics are not seeing or diagnoising properly. Over 300,000 in taxi operation and no problems with the PSD and you can't get over 10,000, some major problem here. I'd have the Zone rep in and be chewing him a new a** hole.