1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exchange a #9 for #7

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gurmail, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I wonder if anyone will consider exchanging their #9 with my silver #7, 2200 miles for extra money, ofcourse??

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK some one has to be the stooge, so I will do it. Why? (Happy owner of a #9 04 BC and lucky to be able to afford it, of course)

3. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Could you please shed some more light on your post, please!! Do you mean it?

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No I don't think so. I like the BC. I like the Nav. I had a iQue previously and liked the GPS Navigation I had from that. We get a lot of fog so fog lights are a safety feature for me, but I am always ready to listen. Why trade?

5. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    #7 does come with fog lights :D and SE/SS, VSC, side air bags etc. I thought I didn't have much use for Nav( don't mind paper maps, already know the area well etc) or blue tooth( try not to talk on phone while driving). After seeing others' #9s, I think Nav is cute- I love the posts where the users entered: menu-emergency-dealer-replace- etc when having problems. I love how tere cars say: bluetooth connection established, the maps look SO cute. I love the way they can see which 6 cds they have on the screen :( . I love how the JBL sounds and the fact thet have a tape player and if I am to keep it for 10 years, another 3 thousand isn't much. I also love the homelink. I posted as I have heard from some owners that they never use or dislike Nav and I thought some might be tempted to make some extra money...

6. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Gurmail... I am afraid that you goofed by not getting the #9 in the first place.. I really wouldn't trade mine.. had to talk hard and fast to get the lovily Sherry (my bride) to go along with all the bells and whistles... she enjoys them as much as I do... good luck in your quest to find the #9.. but I think you may have more luck on eBay, than with this group of happy Prius owners..

Bob

7. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks anyway. It was worth a try. I took the 7 as it was available without delay, no add ons, $300 below msrp and I thought it represented a good balance of options, which it does but, we always want more. Maybe I'll just get a 6 disc changer on Ebay( real Prius one, ofcourse) and have Homelink installed. Any ideas about installing Homelink??

8. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Ah, if you would have caught me a month ago, you would've had a deal. I found and purchased a silver #9 locally even though I really wanted a silver #7. Would've been happy to work a deal with you, but I ended up letting my dad take the #9; I took his #0 until my #7 shows up.

Rob

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Gurmail:

i understand your position completely... as i got a Prius with NO options other than the most useless one available. i had the money, but the Prius was an impulse buy (comes with having the money i guess) and i didnt really know anything about the options. plus the NAV has improved quite a bit from what ive seen in other vehicles.

but right after i ordered mine (as if to rub salt in the as of yet unknown wound) an friend i took some computer classes ran into me one day and lo and behold, he had a fully loaded Prius he got. because he travels extensively, he was looking for someone willing to give him rides to the airport. so i talked him into my driving his Prius back (it costs $110 a week for secured parking!!) that is when i began to realize that i had made a mistake. i tried to change my preference and was told that they would do it if there was no line for a 9 at the time my number came up. as many on this board knows, that scenario was and is impossible.

but i still love my car and was told that i could have waited about 2 more months and would probably have gotten one (my salesman put me on the list again when i requested the change in effect jumping me over several people in line for the 9's and did this without my asking. GOOD GUY!!) but i had waited 154 days already, and that was enough!!

soooo... needless to say, i will be doing a trade-in for the new Prius upgrade in 2007. but then again, I might just keep this one and become a two Prius owner.

10. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    hmm very tempting but at 13000 miles I'm getting 60 MPG and have 730 miles on the current tank. I'd hate to that up for an unknown. Also, you are a long way from Texas. I rarely use the nav and don't think it is worth 3k and if I bought another I would spend alot less and get a better hand held nav system or not have one. There are times that it is great but divided into 3k it is very expensive on a per use basis. I think the 7 is the best value package in the bunch. YMMV

11. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  12. Gurmail

Gurmail Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well...I don't mind driving to Texas if I have to. Mines gives good mpg too. I have been averaging around 54 mpg each tank and have recieved more than 60 mpg sometimes when I go on longer drives. See my mpg photos in the album-general pictures, page 1 or 2.