1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Excited new Prius owner in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JoannSolberg, Jun 27, 2006.

1. JoannSolberg

JoannSolberg New Member

Picked up my new blue, pkg 7, 2006 Prius about 2 hours ago - yippee!! :D I wanted to thank all of you for posting such good advice/info throughout the 6 months I've been lurking here. Because of this group, I knew enough to turn down the extended warranty offered @ the Toyota dealership - if I do decide to purchase one, it will be through PriusChat at the member price. I've also gotten a few chuckles from some of the posts, in the general forums & in FHOP, so thanks for that as well!

On the drive from the dealership back to work, I didn't mess with any of the settings/energy screens/etc - trying to get used to just normal driving since I moved from a Ford Explorer to this great vehicle (what a difference!). Now I just have to wade through the owners manual, etc so I know what I'm doing w/ the Nav, etc. :rolleyes:

Again, thanks for everything - no questions yet (but I'm sure I'll have some!)

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey another Cheezehead. :p

Welcome to the club. Do make yourself known and I hope to meet you sometime if you ever make it to the Milwaukee Hybrid Group meetings.

Congrats. I know you will love your new Prius.

Cheers

3. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Congrats!

I also went from an Explorer (which was a pretty darn good vehicle, I'd have to say, other than the 16 mpg) to the Prius. I'd highly recommend Blizzak Revos on steel wheels for the winter (tirerack.com). The OEM tires are pretty bad in snow and on ice. If it's deep enough, the traction control will kick in and you'll be almost be unable to move at all from a stop.

Enjoy!

rpm (twin cities, mn)

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! Hope you have lots of fun getting adjusted to driving the Prius. It's a fun car!

5. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hey, Jo Jo - congrats on your beautiful blue beauty! There so much fun to drive! A word of warning, though - you're going to be tempted to buy LOTS of 'add-ons'!

6. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  7. hwalker911

hwalker911 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

8. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  9. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Welcome to PC! We have some great Wisconsinites aboard.

Congrats on being so smart as to buy a Prius. B)

10. tacomel

tacomel New Member

Congratulations. My wife and I recently added two new 2006 blue prii to the Madison area as well. Prior to buying those, we hadn't seen a blue one around. Since, I've seen two different ones. Maybe one was yours. In any case, congratulations, and I hope that you like your new car as much as we like ours.

11. JoannSolberg

JoannSolberg New Member

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome! Yes, I already have my eye on a few add-ons :D I also hadn't seen many blue Prius around Madison until just recently AND during some tooling around last night, through Mount Horeb, I saw two blue ones within a mile. Received my first Prius wave from a fellow owner - felt GREAT!

I had read about Hybridfest in Madison and am thinking about attending - not sure yet if we're around that weekend or not....

I waited for 6 months for mine - which was okay since I was able to save up for the downpayment & I didn't need a new car immediately - it was definitely worth the wait. Am enjoying the car very much in the less than 24 hours I've had it so far! :lol:

12. bruceb

bruceb New Member

13. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    just gotta pop in as one of the resident wisconsinites :D
    i may be in nc but my heart is in la crosse...

congrats!!!

14. Dithermaster

Dithermaster New Member

Another new Madison WI owner here. Pine Mica / Gray / Pkg. 5. My wife will be doing most of the driving, but it's technically "ours" so I get to drive sometimes. ;) We're looking forward to HybridFest.

///d@