1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Existence of touring edition Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by cvstan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. cvstan

cvstan Junior Member

Just bought a touring Prius today from the one local dealer that had one on the lot. However a message from another local dealer said the following: "Out of curiosity I ran a search for the Touring Edition Prius. Contrary to what you have been told there are no Touring Edition Priuses in the Buffalo Zone."
    I live in Rochester, NY. So what did I buy? The car has package #3 and has 16-in wheels and the slightly different rear spoiler.
    So dealer number 1 had one which I bought, dealer number 2 says they are getting one delivered on 12/2 and dealer number 3 says there is no such car.
    This is making me crazy. Now I have to go back to the lot and check the sticker again!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like a TE to me... 16" alloys, Type-B spoiler

3. mikep01

mikep01 New Member

dealer 3 needs to check the toyta web site

4. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CVS @ Nov 28 2006, 10:38 PM) [snapback]355100[/snapback]</div>
    Just wanted to say HI...I am near Rochester, too. Wish we had a Prius owners group around here... <_<

5. stvpriustouring

stvpriustouring New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikep01 @ Nov 28 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]355110[/snapback]</div>

Guess dealer 3 has many standard Prius in his stock and he is trying to sell them off. :) I live in California and bought my Touring edition a month ago. My dealer told me after this batch Toyota is phasing out the Touring in California. He claimed many customers are complaining about the ugly wheel covers. However, the cover is not my concern at all!

6. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I've never found a dealer that was 100% honest... besides that, it's entirely possible that the two other dealers were trading their stock with other dealers in other areas. So it could be true that Toyota doesn't allocate any TE to that area (you'd have to check their website with your area code), but that those dealers got some from other dealers to increase the diversity they can offer. Either way, be happy, it sounds like you got a TE.