1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Expanded Phone Number Entry?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Big Al5, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Big Al5

Big Al5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I loaded all my phone numbers one by one off my V 600 (Cingular service) and I find the ones with mailbox codes only dial and don't get me all the way in to the mailbox. Is there a way to have the system enter the expanded phone numbers with the codes?

Thanks;

2. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Not quite sure what you are asking. I believe the phonebook in the Prius will only recognize the first 9 (maybe 10) numbers. So following the phone number any prompts for voicemail after that, such as *7, #, then a password, probably would not work.

3. wesj49

wesj49 Junior Member

I have been successful with Verizon voicemail using a number formatted like this: *86pp[password]#

4. datavortex

datavortex New Member

Yes, the bluetooth dialer sends codes for pause (p) and wait (w) to your phone. Pause waits for a few seconds (I think 3), and wait is supposed to wait for a continue code, normally generated by pressing any key. Of course, your phone must support these codes too.

5. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had tried transferring phone numbers containing p or w to the Prius phonebook and the transfer always failed. (Previous Post) Seemed to be the same problem as having ()- characters in the numbers. The nav owners manual implies that these characters are appropriate for this purpose but I haven't been successful in using them. Please let us know if you get it to work...

6. loganboyd

loganboyd New Member

I just got a 2006 Prius and i tried your format before seeing it here in this forum of *86ppCODE# but when i dial it it just dials the *86 part and never the code part... so i tried it with the WAIT (w) instead of the PAUSE (p) but that didn't work either. I have the Motorola E815.
    any ideas?

thanks,
    Logan