1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extend Prius Seats in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sbrooks1564, Dec 4, 2007.

1. sbrooks1564

sbrooks1564 New Member

I have been reading all the posts about the seat problems for tall people. I myself am 6'5" and just bought a new Prius. I had driven one many times before but was unable to detect any discomfort.

I know there is a back and forth about whether the seats can or should be extended, but I am wondering if anybody in the Philly area knows of a garage that might do seat extension.

Thanks

2. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This isn't really an answer to your question, but if you are proportionally more leg than torso you might benefit from sitting on some kind of cushion. I tried a simple pillow just for the heck of it and found my legs to be **much** more comfortable due to the added height and a bit more thigh support. Might be worth a shot before going to the trouble and expense of physically modifying the car.

3. sbrooks1564

sbrooks1564 New Member

Pillow

I appreciate the advice. I have tried the pillow and do notice the difference, but there is still discomfort. I really am hesitant to take such a drastic measure, but I really love the car, but hate the discomfort.

I had this problem with my last car, a 97 civic, but it went away. But I actually think I had more room in that little car!

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A