1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended Rear Wiper

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by DougSlug, Jul 19, 2006.

1. DougSlug

DougSlug Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I purchased the 20" JDM rear wiper arm, and after installing it, decided that the difference in coverage wasn't really worth sacrificing the downgrade in appearance. The JDM arm does not have the smooth plastic cowling over the top of the wiper like the USA version--it's just a plain metal arm. I also didn't like the fact that the mounting collar did not have splines (to match the motor shaft's splines) to prevent creepage of the arm's angle over time, especially when there is snow or ice and extra force is applied.

The additional coverage is about 2" more on the radius of the wiper arc. Unlike the USA version, the mounting does allow it to flip up without removing or modifying the plastic hinge covering, which is a nice feature if you clean your rear window often.

Does anyone want this arm? It comes with a PIAA silicone blade, all parts brand new (except that I opened the package--carefully--and installed it briefly to try it out). I will sell it for 10% off the regular price, plus actual (not marked-up) shipping. PayPal accepted. I am not a re-seller (clearly there is no profit here for me).

More information here:
    http://sigmaautomotive.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php (about halfway down the page on the left side)

Please contact me by e-mail at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks!
    Doug

7/21/06 -- THIS ITEM WAS SOLD.

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If you lived in Washington State you would not say this. Every inch of extra coverage is cherished from October to Early July!

3. DougSlug

DougSlug Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Maybe I should take an ad out in the local newspaper there!

Either way, it still annoys me that the part left uncleared is in a bad location for normal visibility. I think I'm one of those who feels the wiper should be on the other side. But that could be because my last car was like that (a Taurus wagon that also had insufficient clearance area), so I may just be used to it that way.

- Doug

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Jul 20 2006, 12:18 AM) [snapback]289187[/snapback]</div>

4. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am interested and have sent an email.

5. faith2walk

faith2walk Upgraded again

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got the wiper upgrade too...and I am not excited about the wiper. Have you tried a Bosch Icon wiper instead...looks alot better?