1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

extended warranties

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kingman cruiserette, Nov 28, 2005.

1. kingman cruiserette

kingman cruiserette New Member

I thought I saw a post, (or posts) somewhere on purchasing an extended warranty. We bought an '05 last month, and added a 5/60 ext. warranty for right at 1K. Sounds like I came up on the short end. Seems the elusive post mentioned a 7/100 for about the same price.
    I'd like to quote it when I contact my salesman, so if anyone can direct me to the right page . . . . ..?
    Thanks,
    Cruiserette's other half

2. HeyKB

HeyKB Not so new member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Um, no, you'd rather not quote it.

Look to the left margin and click on the "Discounted Toyota Prius Extended Warranty Service Contracts". And read what it says. Among other things, it says if you bludgeon your sales guy with this offer, it could get yanked and no one will benefit from it in the future.

So if you want to save some money, contact Toyota corporate directly and cancel your warranty. Then use the PriusChat offer to get the better deal.

From those of us who have yet to use the offer, thank you for playing nice.

3. kente777

kente777 New Member

Amen!

4. kingman cruiserette

kingman cruiserette New Member

Thanks for the directions, (and advice).

5. HeyKB

HeyKB Not so new member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're welcome.

Speaking of welcome: Welcome to PC. There's a ton of good info here. A warning, though - it's addictive! Read much and enjoy.