1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended Warranty beyond 100,000 Miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jshaffer, Nov 15, 2008.

1. jshaffer

jshaffer New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am wondering if there is a way to get an extended warranty past the 100,000 mile mark. I currently have a 2004 Prius with 80,000 and would just like to make sure that I keep the warranty going.

Thanks for your suggestions.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not from Toyota. Third-party warranties generally are not worth the $$. Suggest you save your money, keep your car well-maintained, and hope for the best.

3. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The law of diminishing returns starts to really come into play after 100k. Here is my question: How much money did your current extended warranty save you?

4. jshaffer

jshaffer New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No Problems with the car until recently. We just had to have the ABS relay replaced and the Inverter coolant pump. This is my Parents car and they are asking about the extra extended warranty. Should they be expecting to have more problems with the car? They bought this car used about 2.5 years ago. They really like it and that is what caused me to buy a brand new one this year.
    Thanks

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't necessarily expect anything else to go bad. But this is just like any other car that will need more maintenance and repair the older it gets. I think Patrick's suggestion makes the most sense. This site is a great source of information and that alone can save you money over the life of the car.