1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended warranty pricing?

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Joe 26, May 21, 2013.

1. Joe 26

Joe 26 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My sister in law is considering a new Prius C, and wondering what a fair price is for the Toyota Care extended warranty. Thanks for your help.

2. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Do a google search. There are some dealers selling the warranty cheaper.

SCH-I535 ? 2

3. minkus

minkus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Search Results for Query: warranty | PriusChat

There's one person in particular who's known for selling them cheap: Factory Discount Warranty

I asked for a quote on my c2 in December:

4. C E Roley

C E Roley Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I just received the following e-mail today from the Toyota dealer from which I purchased my Toyota Extra Care VSA recently. (I redacted the names in it to help prevent any backlash from Toyota to the dealership and/or rep who sent it.)

"Dear C,
    For 5 years, ________Toyota has proudly helped thousands of folks all across the country purchase genuine Toyota ExtraCare plans.
    I must regretfully inform you, however, that Toyota Financial Services’ new rules and regulations prevent all Toyota dealerships nationwide from marketing and selling the ExtraCare product online and permit dealers to only sell to in-state customers (in our case, this is _____________).
    As an ethical dealer that always remains compliant with Toyota, Acton Toyota must unfortunately inform you that we no longer offer Toyota ExtraCare VSAs for online sale and to those outside our state lines.
    But, I’d like to let you know that we are still able to offer genuine, factory-backed Toyota Care Plus plans.&nb sp; Toyota Care Plus provides continued coverage- for up to 5 years or 75,000 miles- of your Toyota's factory-recommended maintenance, plus 24-hour Roadside Assistance. Ultimately, these plans give Toyota owners additional peace of mind and protect them against rising labor costs.
    Should you have any interest in learning more about Toyota Care Plus please let me know. Additionally, I’d like to offer you the below $50 coupon that you can apply toward our already low Toyota Care Plus prices - we price them very aggressively just like we did our ExtraCare VSA plans.
    I look forward to hearing from and assisting you with a genuine Toyota Care Plus plan.
    Respectfully,

_______________________"

5. Drdiesel

Drdiesel Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I purchased the Platinum 5 year 100K with a zero deductible for $780.00
    After receiving my booklet in the mail, I promptly canceled it. To many stipulations and the fact that only
    the dealer can do the repair work isn't my idea of an extended warranty. The biggest issue in their policy
    was the fact they don't cover diagnostics or the labor involved to get to the problem part. The dealer will bend
    you over and the VSA will cover the part. No thanks, Toyota :mad: