1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended warranty refund

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marjflowers, Apr 27, 2006.

1. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    How do I get a refund on my extended warranty? I googled the name of the company and came up with nothing, and I'm not exactly on good terms with the dealer. I paid a whopping $2295 for it, and now I want my money back so I can buy a reasonable one.
    TIA

Peace --

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Can't really be sure without knowing the company name and reading the terms of the agreement.

3. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marjflowers @ Apr 27 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]246042[/snapback]</div>
    Most of us have extended warranties from Toyota. On previous cars where I had an extended warranty from a third party (eg: my Audi had one from GE), the contact information was in the warranty papers that were sent to me after purchase. You generally have to keep a copy in the glovebox in case you need service under the warranty so the repair shop can contact them. At least that's what I had from GE ("keep a copy of this form with you and present it when requesting service").

I take it that your overpriced warranty isn't even the one from Toyota?

- Tom

4. gliffe

gliffe New Member

Generally you would take it back to the dealership and turn it in to the finance dept. Good luck.