1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by serega, Aug 2, 2012.

1. serega

serega New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello. I am an owner of 2008 prius, live in israel. The prius is with 100000 km, yesterday the red triangle light and the check engine turned on. After scanning the dealer said that the inverter water pump broke down... Does anyone knows if this part is included in the hybrid waranty ? Thanks in advance !

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the US, no, but check the car's warranty documents for your jurisdiction. You may be able to get Toyota itself to pay for some or all of the replacement if you contact them directly. In a warm climate it should be replaced immediately to avoid damage to the much-more-expensive inverter and perhaps the batteries.

(By The Way, unfortunate choice of thread subject. It may have dissuaded readers because "extended warranties" have been argued to death here repeatedly.)

3. serega

serega New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks ! I wrote this post because i charged for replacing it at the toyota dealer here in israel, as i was shoked when he said that there is no warranty for this part especialy. I was confident that this part is included in the extended warranty ! so i decided to ask if in the usa its same like here ! i think this is not right for Toyota not to iclude it, as toyota knows that its one of the common fault in the hybrid system of the prius, especially in israel (very hot climate).