1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

extended warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Tom Tom, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Tom Tom

Tom Tom New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I Bought the 100K package from the dealer in Hutchinson Kansas for $950 and I have 82 K miles on my Prius and the only thing I have done to it is change the oil but back then I had no idea that the Prius is as great of a car as it is. It just keeps on a going and going!

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    of course, there is the lady whose driver door lock crapped out just past the 3/36, and they don't come cheap.

3. alanwagen

alanwagen Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The Prius is the one car you don't need and extended warranty. The taxi fleets in Seattle and Vancouver put 100's of thousand miles on these very reliable cars. When they tried to sell me the warranty, I said: Why, is it going to break? If it is going to break I don't want the car.
    Consumer Reports suggests never to buy the extended warranty. The only thing I have bought a EW was a 4 stroke weedeater and I got my moneys worth on that as the shaft kept on breaking.