1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by grandparuss, Sep 23, 2006.

1. grandparuss

grandparuss New Member

I currently have 28,000 miles on my fully loaded '05 Prius. I am getting ready to look seruiously at the extended warranty offers out there. Any advice on what is best for Minnesota?
    My first also loaded '04 Prius was purchased from the dealership with the warrantee and I am glad for that as when I sold my daughter with 52,000 miles, the activity/navigational screen went out and it had to be replaced.
    Originally, I was quoted $2,000.00 from the dealership. When I remembered that I had purchased a warrantee from another dealer where I bought the car brand new, amazingly the cost was only $400.00 and I had only a small deductible. Imagine that! What a relief.
    Now, I believe I should invest in a good warranty that covers everything except rust.
    Any ideas? I have heard there are other than dealer warrantees available at a substantial reduction in price.
    I would appreciate hearing from you.
    Thank you,
    Russ...

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Russ look at the forum here for extended warranties. Then call Troy for your BEST deal!

3. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paprius4030 @ Sep 23 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]323877[/snapback]</div>
    This is the only advice you need. Seriously, look no further or it will cost you big. If you think there is something fishy about Troy's deal, you need to investigate more. You'll find nobody on this forum who will disagree. It's the only way to go.

Toyota wanted to sell me a 6yr/75,000 mile/$50 deductible warranty for $2,300. Even when I told them it was available elsewhere for far less and they would lose me as a maintenance customer if they didn't deal, they refused. They lost my business and I got the full Toyota warranty (7yr/100,000 mile/$0 deductible) for a bit less than $1,000 from Troy. And it isn't "Troy's warranty," it is Toyota's. The genuine article you would have gotten from any dealer. It works in all the states the same.

4. wtfjr

wtfjr New Member

So, how do we reach Troy for the info on extended warranties ?
    Later.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wtfjr @ Sep 23 2006, 09:17 AM) [snapback]323895[/snapback]</div>
    In the upper right hand of every PriusChat page is a drop down menu titled Prius Accessories. When you click on it, you will see a Discounted Extended Warranty link.