1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Exterior/Interior color availability-dealer hogwas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jeffn, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jeffn

jeffn New Member

Anyone in the NE or NY specifically heard that no #8s were coming in yet?

AND, contrary to Toyota.com, my stealer said that no Tidelands or Seasides came in beige insides. Fact or crap?

To their defense, this dealer has gotten several Priusii in since I ordered mine in Oct for a Jan delivery, just the wrong color combos. So, getting on the list 3 months early got me a car in about 7-10 days on New Years day and another one last night. She saod it was blue, I get there and it's brown(along with 4 other colors just downloaded from the trailer).

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok, there are def. #8 in NE. I picked up a driftwood, bique #8 this week and I've seen a couple of leather models on the road.

I think what they get from Toyota seem a little bit random (for some dealers). It seems to me like the larger ones know more what/when they will get new ones. That said I don't think any dealer can order a specific one from Toyota at this moment.

If I where you I would consider more color options. Decide what is more importand the interior or the exterior? The driftwood for example (*could be the brown you are refering to*) only comes in bisque so if you want bisque. To me (and this is based on very little data) it seems like Toyota prefers the gray interior so that cars that have a "choise" come in gray rather then bisque.

For me I decided to not be so picky. I wanted a #7 or #8 in any interior color and I only exlduded the Black, White or Red as exterior color (the annoying thing is that the dealer I went to had a black, white and red on the lot and nothing else!). With this in mind I only waited 2-3 weeks (after talking to 4 dealers in my area).

I ended up with a Driftwood Pearl in Bisque leather. I was hesitant at first but now I must say that I think the Driftwood is one of the nicest color around (it's not beige or brown i.m.o.). It's a color that looks better in real life the on picture as it changed hue depending upon lighting. I also prefer the bisque leather over the gray as I like the contrast of the black dash, aluminum inlays and tan leather. I would have been happy with any other combination.