1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

External System Not Connected

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by BstonJoker, Oct 28, 2009.

1. BstonJoker

BstonJoker New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    :car:

Hello all, I am a Noob to your boards and a Noob Prius Owner. I have had the car for just over a week and love every min in it. It is the best car I ever bought.

I just got a 2007 Prius, it has the 6 disc changer, the bluetooth connection. It has the Map button on the stearing wheel, but when I push it, it says the "External System Not Connected". Does anyone know if this Prius has a Nav system, maybe I am missing the CD that the prior owner might of taken it when he traded in the car?
    If that is the case, I am going to go back to the dealership and make sure they get the disc that should of came with the car. Please let me know.

2. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Look under the drivers seat for a black rectangular module about the size of a book. If you have Nav, that is the location of the Nav ECU. There is a cover at the rear and a slot for the DVD. There is a lever that will eject the DVD just to the left of the slot.

3. Shreveport

Shreveport New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it possible to add a Nav ECU if your car doesn't have one? I think I'm in the same boat as the previous poster.

4. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Anything is possible if you have enough time and money. However, if my car didn't already have the factory Nav, I would look at an aftermarket unit like a Garmin or Tom Tom. The factory Nav updates are expensive, and the system isn't all that great.

5. nipong

nipong New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi. I faced this issue after I let jiffylube reset my "maintanence required" light. I don't knOw how to handle this issue because I lost all access to the control of AC; radio, navigation, etc. Should I just go back to the shop and tell them they have to fix it for free since they cause it.