1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extra Battery!??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mary2al, Feb 19, 2007.

1. mary2al

mary2al Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have an opportunity to buy a used Prius battery pack form an 04 for $600 incl shipping.
    1) could I use it as an auxillary and switch to it? I do commute over a mountain and always have my battery full on green half way down the mountain and use it up halfway back up the mountain. Could I add this auxillary pack to be switched into the circuit and have twice the capacity?

Do you suggest another forum where I might ask this same question?

Thanks,
    Al

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
  3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Agreed, that's a good place to start. Realize this is very experimental, potentially dangerous, and likely of little benefit to your fuel economy. But yea, it may help in your situation. It has been done and can be done. If you're willing to risk your warranty and accept the other risk and have the technical/electronics know-how the PriusPlus site as well as the Yahoo! Prius-technical site are good places to get the basic info you'll need.