1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Extra Mile" Packages in Texas

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by starling, Jul 25, 2005.

1. starling

starling New Member

What's the scoop on these "Extra Mile" packages that I'm seeing on cars here in Texas... are they TRULY not optional? Or can I tell a dealer I don't want it? (Although the thought of them scraping off the bumper applique is a little scary...)

They seem nowhere near worth the $900 they're charging for them... seems more like an underhanded way to charge above MSRP.

Once the car is on the lot, is the Extra Mile a done deal? I sure hope not...

2. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Think they got me on that too, I am from Port Arthur, it is just a bunch of mats and stuff, and they give you a 9.95 oil change for life, tire rotation extra. Mine included window etching...But I do think you're right, they are taking us...Thankfully ususally the package is for the ones who don't get the real fancy packages, so the dealers can make a little money along with the importing company in Houston ( in my case ).

3. wrprice

wrprice Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It's not a required option... keyword: option.

I ordered my #6 without it because I thought it was overpriced. However, it seemed like most of the on-lot cars had the option.

My wait was 12 days. If you don't want the option, just order one without it.