1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extra Scangauge2 Cable

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Rest, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I contacted Scangauge about getting an extra cable and let them know I am a member here. Having another cable will allow me to use the SG2 on other vehicles while keeping one cable hard wired in my Prius. They said I can purchase them on this site or call SG directly, to get a great discount. Where on the forum can I get them?

2. MPG > HP

MPG > HP Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 21 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]499917[/snapback]</div>
    +1 here! I use the SG-II daily on my '06 Prius, but it really comes in handy when I take my Mazda RX-8 out for a track day. The Mazda's rotary engine is really heat sensitive and when driving out at Buttonwillow, last month, in 109F ambient, you would never have known from the stock analog "idiot" (not hot/hot) gauge, that the water temps had gotten as high as 248F! Thanks to SG-II, I immediately turned the AC and heater up full which quickly got the engine temp down to "survivable" levels. Nothing so critical for the Prius, but the SG-II was really useful on my recent 2800 mile drive from SoCal to the top of Pikes Peak and back. The LOD readout helps one modulate TP to get the most out of inertia vs incline and battery levels. So, please advise where I can get a second cable and be done with my present ghetto install look.

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone know of a thread(s) here that discusses a way to keep the engine charging the battery? If so, I'll repost this off-topic, there. Kind of a backwards EV Switch? The reason I ask is because, when on that long Pikes Peak drive, I found the Prius would have done much better if on the uphill sections, the battery were fully charged. That is, if I had a "Reverse EV Switch" I could have charged the battery on level sections, providing for a battery reserve when going through the uphills and for passing. It turned out, that having a fully charged battery was like having an automatically refilling Nitrous bottle sitting next to me! When the battery was charged I had no concerns about passing big rigs on the uphills. But, with the battery depleted, that little 4 banger left little extra, if any, speed as a safety margin and "barely" able to make use of passing lanes. Btw, mileage to Pikes Peak was ~41.5 going and ~44.8 returning (easily > 2x better than an RX-8), cruising mostly 70-85+ MPH and drafting empty big rigs, whenever possible.

TIAFYH

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 21 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]499917[/snapback]</div>
    You can get a new ScanGauge from PriusChat HERE. I didn't see individual cables, so maybe you have to call SG directly for that.

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know where to buy a scangauge (I got one from here), I just want an extra cable and the SG people say we can get them here.

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 21 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]500149[/snapback]</div>
    I commend you for your adventurous spirit and resourcefulness! You could click the Contact Us link at the top of the PC shop page and ask, or would that be asking too much?

6. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I already did that but never got an answer, so I asked here. Maybe I should have said that in my post.

7. priustideland

priustideland Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 22 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]500149[/snapback]</div>

I would be interested in getting another cable also, if a group buy is in order, then great. I've had the Scangauge for almost 3 weeks now, and its been great. Saved $ 60 by getting the codes myself for my other car when the Check Engine Light came on.

Steve

8. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The cables go for $19.95 and we get a discount ($14.95) for being a member of this forum. Would be nice if we could get an even greater group buy discount here. I'm sure many here would want a second cable, so they can keep one cable hard wired in their Prius and use the SG2 to check and clear codes in other vehicles. I know I do!

9. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

i got my extra cable directly from scangauge... and yes.... i got a discount for being a priuschat member!

the extra cables aren't sold here on PC....

10. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Actually the cables are sold here just not advertised. I was hoping to get a lower group purchase price here.

11. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 23 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]501186[/snapback]</div>
    hmmmmm not according to what i was told.....

i PM'd danny asking and he told me he doesn't sell the extra cables.... unless that's changed within the last month....

12. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Danny informed me just a few days ago he does sell them, but at the moment it out of them.

My fingers are crossed for a better group purchase discount.

13. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    No word yet on a cable group buy discount. I guess the majority doesn't care.

14. priustideland

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 28 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]503382[/snapback]</div>

I emailed Linear Logic last week, they responded back yesterday that we can order from them direct at the group rate of 14.95 w/shipping. My package was shipped out last night according to this mornings email. If you are looking for better than that price, it may be awhile. I'll have it by this weekend to use.

Skippy

15. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yea the $14.95 price is the price they told me we get for a being a forum member, it isn't really a group buy price. I was hoping if we got enough interest here we could actually do a group buy bringing the price even lower. I still think $14.95 is to much just for a cable.

16. priustideland

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 29 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]503990[/snapback]</div>
    it could be too much, but shipping was not free before and now it is. So add that to the price of the pie. All cables are too much anyway especially those that buy Monster Brand Cables, so for $ 15 out the door with shipping, i'm happy. It should be here tomorrow and can use it over the weekend like I had planned. They were easily to deal with, simple to order.

Skippy

17. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am not comparing over priced Monster Cables to this one. That is not very good justification. I would rather not over pay for a simple cable.