1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

extra screws after replacing a/c condenser?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by wddanie, Jul 4, 2011.

1. wddanie

wddanie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Can someone help me identify where 5 (extra!) screws go near the a/c condenser on my 2005 Prius? 3 are black M6x13 and 2 are silver M6x11 and all are 10 mm hex head with a flange. I attached a pic. I am really embarassed that I ended up with so many missing/lost/extra parts, but the car and a/c is running well at the moment.

I replaced the punctured condenser and removed the bumper cover, plastic cowl over the radiator and the bracket over the top of the radiator. I was in a hurry and did not bag or photo the parts as I disassembled it since I thought things looked pretty simple and I was in a rush. I got rushed reassembling and ended up with these extra parts and did not have time to tear it down again and figure out where they went.

The condenser replacement went well and I have cold ac for about 85$ in parts, 50$ of hyrid ac oil and oil less R-134a and 100$ for a small vacuum pump and manifold guages. I got the cheapest condenser from Rockauto, the fluids from Napa and tools from Amazon. It took about 6 hrs to do including 2 unplanned trips to Napa for a/c orings and a valve for the refrig cans. This was my first time doing a/c and it would take about 3 hrs next time.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Doug

Attached Files:

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Way to go!
    Fix it yourself, and reducing weight a win win proposition!