1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

ExtraCare protection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jasond, Apr 14, 2004.

1. jasond

jasond New Member

Here's a question..

Being naive, I paid full price for my extended warranty (7/100).

Since I'm still within the normal warranty period, does anyone know if it's possible for me to cancel the extended warranty, get my money back, and then repurchase it for the low price others are referencing here?

It was A Small Price to Pay for the big favor my dealership did for me in getting me a car at all, but still, it's a lot of money.

(And a related question: What's the "correct" price for a 7/100 platinum warranty with a $0 deductible? Anyone know? Anyone know where I could look it up?)

2. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Answers to most of those questions can be found here, on the Prius VFAQ site.

3. jasond

jasond New Member

Exactly what I needed, thanks.

Now I just have to decide if the money's worth the hassle. Since it's many hundreds of dollars, probably yes :) (prorated value of the 100k warranty is still about 93% of the cost)

4. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    i dont have the extended warranty... yet. but i plan to purchase it sometime this year. mainly for my own peace of mind. :mrgreen: