1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Extreme cold on the way, says former NOAA meteorologist

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by mojo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. mojo

mojo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  2. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    This is great! I got top billing above Bob Wilson! Um, here as a non-learner, but I'm still takin' it.

By circumstance, I can't watch internet videos. But the rest of y'all can, so please do, and post here what you've learned.

I only know that every recent decade has T increased above the previous, in both surface T and the satellite proxies. Both previously posted here by mojo.

But now, here, by way of internet videos, apparently perhaps there will be T stasis or reductions. Great I say, because T increases are not certainly beneficial. Mojo does not say great, fearing the next ice age. I got that, and agree that the next ice age (whenever it might come) will greatly harm the human enterprise.

So what is there in this revelation that presents clear evidence of harm to the human enterprise? Tell me.

After that, tell me why I can't find anyone to bet that T in the next decade or two will go down. I need their money. I need to buy the Picarro gadget to better understand C cycling. To save everyones' butt (actually that is too expansive a goal). Promise not to buy a Ferrari.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    No evidence of incipient cooling can be seen in
    http://nsstc.uah.edu/climate/2015/may2015/2015-graph.jpg
    (realizing that no other 'T' record is a better friend to contra-reality coolists)

The same graph informs that -T anomalies 40 year ago did not lead us to ice.

CO2, dammit.

But now it's otherwise? Evidence???