1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

extreme humidity?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ciro ochoa, Jul 27, 2023.

1. ciro ochoa

ciro ochoa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    just wondering if anyone had any experience like this, the car is on the big island of hawaii the wet side, 90% humidity is common , I had done the cell reconditioning wire harness replaced , ecu replaced because it had 2 pins fried , car worked fine in the test drive then sat for 7 months and that happened and the 1st 4 cells were fried also , shorted cooked ..... thanks for input Mahalo

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's not the humidity, it's the old cells and the sitting unused. they self drain quickly

fotomoto likes this.
  3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    You need to give that Prius to a family member that has to drive everyday and get yourself a Yaris or an Aprilia scooter and be done I'm telling you you'll love life a lot better but you can keep doing what you're doing whatever makes you happy. I have all three of those options here and the Prius gets driven every day because if it doesn't things start compounding and happening fairly quickly The scooter and the Yaris can sit without issue but the Prius not so much.