1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fabric clip to seat frame won't stay on

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Sallfham, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Sallfham

Sallfham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    2010 Prius IV with OEM "leather" heated seats.
    On front passenger seat, the plastic clip that stretches the fabric across the seat and clips to the seat frame in front won't stay on. Tried duct tape around the clip, gorilla glue in the clip channel, but it keeps coming off.
    Suggestions?

2. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think you need to give us a picture and show where the problem is. In general, these covers have rods and clips. The rods are held in place using rings, which you squeeze on with pliers.

So maybe you need a ring, maybe the clip broke, maybe the rod separated from the fabric.

3. Sallfham

Sallfham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's a pic of the front right corner of the front passenger seat of my 2010 Prius IV. I tried to hold it down to the frame with duct tape, but it doesn't stay.
    I see the holes in the white plastic strip, but there are no matching holes in the metal seat frame.

If there are clips that hold this together, where do I find them?

PriusSeat2.JPG

4. Sallfham

Sallfham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's a pic of the front right corner of the front passenger seat of my 2010 Prius IV. I tried to hold it down to the frame with duct tape, but it doesn't stay.
    I see the holes in the white plastic strip, but there are no matching holes in the metal seat frame.

View attachment 118325

5. Sallfham

Sallfham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Attached Files:

6. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    As long as the hole in that plastic rod hasn't been torn through, then you can reattach it. The clips you use are called hog rings and there's a type of pliers used to compress them called a hog ring tool.

But I think you should consider taking it to a car upholstery shop. They can fix it fast and perfectly.