1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fabulous Life of Hollywood Super Spenders...and me!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hedwig, Mar 25, 2004.

1. hedwig

hedwig New Member

You gotta love the new VH1 format. While discussing what celebrities earn and spend, they chatted about who drives what. Shortly after Ben's Rolls Royce Shadow and before Arnie's 8 Hummers (the only sound bite being "What? Who needs eight Hummers??"), they spent a good minute discussing the Prius, who drives it, and what it says about them. I don't put a lot of stock into what celebrities and I have in common (though when Carrie on Sex and the City was wearing a pair of shoes I also owned, I nearly fainted dead away). However, I do think it's nice that they gloss over the fancy stuff with a "why does anyone need a half-million dollar car" and then go on about the Prius for a while. Not as good as Tom Hanks giving up valuable movie-plugging time to get the word out, but pretty good nonetheless.

So with this kind of publicity, how many do you think Toyota is going to have to make to keep up with demand for 2005?