1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Bluetooth & XM or Aftermarket?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ravencr, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello everyone,

I'm contemplating putting the factory bluetooth and XM radio into a 2010 prius with the base radio I'm probably buying today, but I got to thinking there might be a better option aftermarket wise that would allow me to control everything I want. Here's what I'd like:

1) Ipod Control through deck for iphones
    2) Bluetooth audio playback
    3) Bluetooth phone
    4) Not really concerned with Navigation, honestly. My garmin is great.
    5) Backup camera not a necessity either
    6) XM/Sirius Radio built in
    7) I would like to be able to hook up my iphone via bluetooth, 3.5mm, or usb and have it bypass the iphone's structure or whatever they call it when it sounds way better through the deck
    8) If to get the above options requires a navigation system, as well, I want to be able to work all the functions of the radio while driving, not like normal factory navigation systems that don't let you while outside of park.

I'm not really sure what else I'd need...those are the main functions I'd prefer. I'd like it to look like a factory installed unit, not something with gaps, etc on the sides and bottom. Thanks for the help everyone...help me spend my money wisely! :)

Chris

2. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Well, after spending time today looking around on here, am I correct in saying that there's really only two options available to me: FlyAudio or Rosen? If so, FlyAudio doesn't do satellite radio apparently, so maybe narrows my decision down to the Rosen? Can anyone else confirm?

Chris

3. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Many posters aren't going to take the time to replace the factory radio unless they're also going to add navigation.

You can get a dash kit which lets you install a standard double DIN unit. There won't be a space but their will be plastic around the radio.

Do your research at places like Crutchfield. There are many units with bluetooth, XM capability and IPhone control without NAV.

4. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I ended up ordering a Rosen hu with the backup camera, backup sensors, xm, iPod, and tuner control. I like the standard factory look and the idea of everything being integrated. I'm also going to help the guys at Prius Hoods make a hood for it, as well. It was supposed to ship today, so hopefully I'll have it installed next week.

Chris

5. shamrock1

shamrock1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    How much did a Rosen hu with the backup camera, backup sensors, xm, iPod, and tuner control cost you and is easy DIY
    Thanks

6. ravencr

ravencr Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    $1,146.90 shipped from Trail Duty. It's time consuming to do it, but not hard.

Chris