1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Installed Sat. Radio Activation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by d2allen, Jun 2, 2008.

1. d2allen

d2allen New Member

I have a 2007 Prius. It came with the Sat. Radio option installed.

I would like to activate it, but

a) I don't know if it is Sirius or XM
    b) How do I go about activating it?

Thanks for any help.

Update: A little more info. I checked with the dealer, it is XM radio ready. The radio has a AM.Sat button, but when you press it it does AM only. According to the owner's manual it should go AM, Sat 1, Sat 2.

Does this mean it ISN'T XM ready?

2. bbald123

bbald123 Thermodynamics Law Enforcement

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Tune to channel 0 or 1 on the satellite and it will give you the unit number and phone number to call to activate.

3. OrlandoGuy

OrlandoGuy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    XM or Sirius ready does not mean that either is installed. Infact it only means your audio system will accept the plug in module for either XM or Sirius...the antenna is not installed yet either.

You still need to purchase whichever you like and have it installed. Then, if you bought one of the compatible plug in modules, you would be able to control it through the MFD and steering wheel controls.

4. bbald123

bbald123 Thermodynamics Law Enforcement

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Meh, good point. I should have read more closely.

5. KDOG

KDOG The Once and Future King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, it means it is XM radio ready. The AM/SAT button will only display SAT options after a satellite tuner is installed. If I were you, I'd research how to install it yourself (several threads in this forum), because most dealerships charge an outrageous sum of money for this install.