1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

factory interactive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by finkj, Dec 17, 2006.

1. finkj

finkj New Member

Hello,

I attempted to contact Factory Interactive last week and placed an order on thursday or friday. I havn't received an email. I realize it is probably a small company. I also left a voice mail.

I found his products on this forum. Can anyone confirm that they are still in business and I should just be patient?

thanks.

Getting my new prius Tuesday!!!!!

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    What does Factory Interactive sell? It's not in the Prius Accessories area, is it? Sorry, I've never heard of the company.

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Dec 17 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]363461[/snapback]</div>
    Bill,
    What makes you think this isn't the same bot that posted this thread? . . . .

http://priuschat.com/index.php?s=&show...st&p=363206

First post and it has you scratching your head? :huh:

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Dec 17 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]363461[/snapback]</div>
    XM and Sirius radio units for Prius and other Toyota models.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finkj @ Dec 17 2006, 12:42 PM) [snapback]363406[/snapback]</div>
    I e-mailed one of their staff in January with a question about installation, in anticipation of buying an XM unit. I finally received a reply in October. I responded with a follow-up question, and that reply took over two weeks.

I've not seen any similar (or other unsatisfactory customer service) experiences described about them in other PC threads; other comments have all been positive, IIRC. But their slow response probably cost them a sale. I ordered my XM unit elsewhere this week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Dec 17 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]363466[/snapback]</div>
    What makes you think it is the same? Every poster has a first post. I would give him the benefit of the doubt. He's asking a legitimate question about what appears to be a legitimate issue with a legitimate (though slow to respond) Prius accessory vendor.

5. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Dec 17 2006, 06:12 PM) [snapback]363527[/snapback]</div>
    If you check out the link above it is observed that both bot initial posts are from the same IP address.

It was noted:

both of these bot posts have the same IP addy: 209.160.64.38 That's now been blocked and both 'members' suspended here at PC."

Pretty convincing proof for me.

Cheers

6. finkj

finkj New Member

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I will give it a few more days and see what happens. I suspect its a one person company and he is simply out of town or swamped. I have read nothing but good reviews on this blog but they were all pretty old. I was just wondering if anyone had had any recent positive experience with them.

BTW- I am not a bot :)

Thanks for treating me as a person and answering my question.

Jon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Dec 17 2006, 07:12 PM) [snapback]363527[/snapback]</div>

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Jon. Mostly friendly people here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Dec 17 2006, 01:08 PM) [snapback]363466[/snapback]</div>
    SPE, look at the thread you cite. Look at the serialized user ID assigned to that spammer. Look at the serialized ID assigned to finkj. Are they the same? Different user name, different user ID. Sure, PC could be under a bot attack, but the topics weren't similar either. Most bot attacks are pretty mindless and all center on the same topic.

Even if Jon were a bot, responding to a bot isn't harmful, just a waste of time. I was scratching my head (metaphorically) because I had never heard of this rather generically named company, and the original post shed no light. What does the Acme company make?

8. finkj

finkj New Member

Bill,

Partly my mistake since I assumed people knew of the company. Mostly because I read about it on this forum, but I should have been more specific.

Thanks again. I will let you know what happens.

Jon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Dec 18 2006, 01:57 AM) [snapback]363636[/snapback]</div>

9. finkj

finkj New Member

In case anyone is interested...

I spoke to Factory Interactive. He is backed up because of a supply problem on a key component. He hopes to be shipping again in the first week of January.

Jon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finkj @ Dec 18 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]363656[/snapback]</div>

10. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Dec 17 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]363529[/snapback]</div>
    As Bill has already observed, that link is not referring to this poster or this post. Subsequent posts from the OP here give me pretty convincing proof that he is, from all appearances, legit.

Cheers to you. :)

11. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Will they ever resolve the 10 character limit?

12. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just contacted Factory Interactive and they have no idea if the manufacture will fix this stupid 10 character limit. This is the lamest thing ever! What is the big deal that they can't incorporate a scrolling display and be done with this issue? It's just a software fix for crying out loud!

13. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Dec 17 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]363529[/snapback]</div>
    How are you determining the IP address of a poster? Unless you are a moderator, then maybe you can tell.

14. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well my Prius Sirius just arrived today. I will let you know how the installation goes. But after reviewing the DVD, the installation looks pretty easy. I do have one concern though, I'm not happy that the antenna wire goes over the rear hatch weather seal. Seems to me there must be a much cleaner install than doing it that way.

15. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I hid my Sirius antenna under the sharkfin radio antenna. You could put the Sirius antenna behind the radio antenna, if you don't want to get a sharkfin. Take a look at this for more info.

16. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ Jan 3 2007, 09:18 AM) [snapback]370035[/snapback]</div>
    If you're using the external magnetic mount antenna (which I think comes standard with the SiriusPrius)
    then I'd recommend placing it on the roof behind the factory FM antenna. Run the antenna lead through
    the crack (hinge-line) and then cut a small slit on the upper end (hatch-end) of rubber boot that carries wires from the cab to the hatch. Feed the wire through the boot and into the cab. Run the wire under the trim panels down to wherever you have the sat tuner.
    If you're really worried about the slit you cut in the rubber boot, you could apply some silicone sealant after the fact. This way you avoid going over the hatch seal.

Good Luck!

17. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just finished installing the Sirius unit. That DVD sure made things so much easier!

I placed my Sirius antenna behind the factory antenna. I was going to put the wiring through the roof and under the headliner but I found messing with the headliner very difficult. So instead I ran the wire through a hatch rubber boot. There are two for the hatch wiring. I entered under the bottom of one of them and then used those rubber patches supplied with the kit to ensure a nice water tight seal.

We have two Prius and I just may purchase another Sirius kit. Wish they gave group discounts.

The 10 character limit is kind of annoying but not a deal breaker. Even though you would think a software fix could correct it.

18. finkj

finkj New Member

I also installed my sirius kit from Factory Interactive. Great product. The DVD was just terrific. It works perfectly. I with I had one for my Toyota Sienna. I love my prius and have now done the sirius radio and the EV mode mods.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Jan 3 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]370450[/snapback]</div>

19. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Jon at Factory Interactive said he might do a group purchase but has never been approached to do one. This is something we might consider organizing. I'm in for another Sirius unit if we do it.

20. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I made an interesting observation. Some of my FM radio stations transmit song title/artist information. My Prius shows this info with a scrolling 8 digit display in the channel preset and top of the screen.

So if the Prius has the ability to scroll info, then why can't the Sirius tuner provide scrolling info for its 10 character limit?