1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Nav System Install on '07 #4

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jakabite, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Jakabite

Jakabite New Member

I was wondering if it is possible to install the factory NAV system in my 2007 #4 Prius? It has the buttons, just need to plug the NAV system in and I am ready... The dealer says that the factory NAV system is not available as a stand alone add-on after vehicle purchase... Is this true? Can I get a NAV system from say a wrecked Prius and install it in mine? Any help/insight with this is appreciated. Thank you, have a great day.

:D

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Oft asked question. The short answer is yes. But it will cost a fortune. The wiring isn't there. The MFD is probably different. So you will have to change the MFD, add the Nav., add the missing wires.

Just so we're clear, with factory nav. you get:
    voice command capability.
    integration with car MFD.
    $250 updates for data.
    7" diagonal screen.
    inability to adjust while moving (this changes in 2008).
    privilege of spending upwards of $3000 for Nav.

I got a Garmin Nuvi 650. With that I get:
    voice direction by choice of voices, but no voice command.
    removable unit I can use in any car.
    $125 updates for data.
    4.5" easy to zoom in/out screen.
    adjustable while moving. I can even hand it to a passenger and have them mess with it (internal battery with external power as well when plugged in).
    fits in shirt pocket.
    cost $600.

Choose your poison.

3. acdii

acdii Active Member

I'll take my base and add the second option for $600 Alex.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mountain_Prius @ Sep 10 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]510438[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. The owners manual shows 2 versions of the MFD. You have the non-nav version (note the fewer buttons). Not upgradeable. Go aftermarket and be happy you didn't drop $2000 for Toyota's.

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mountain_Prius @ Sep 10 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]510438[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to the site. The owners manual shows 2 versions of the MFD. You have the non-nav version (note the fewer buttons). Not upgradeable. Go aftermarket and be happy you didn't drop $2000 for Toyota's.