1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Remote Starter Not Working Right in Cold

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by ilikethempgs, Feb 14, 2015.

1. ilikethempgs

ilikethempgs Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The only time I want to use my remote starter is when the temperature is below 10 degrees F. We've been having a nice cold winter where I live and have had more than a few morning of 10 to 20 degrees below zero. I let the car warm up for a few minutes to get warmish oil circulating before driving away.

The problem I've been having is when I try to use my remote starter, the engine will turn over for maybe a half second and then nothing. I've tried hitting the buttons again, and it does the same thing. Then I walk out and get in the car and it always fires right up.

When the temperature is warmer I've used the remote starter and had no problems. It seems to be just a cold weather issue.

Anyone experienced this problem?

2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    It is a well known problem in certain model years and so far, no body had found an easy fix for it .