1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory repair manuals

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by our1vue, Dec 8, 2013.

1. our1vue

our1vue Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I see helm has the 2011 prius manuals in printed copy. I don't remembering seeing that there when I went to that site a few years ago. Does Toyota give helm permission to print the manuals after so many years ?

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I think it is three years for manuals and third party replacement parts.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'd be very reluctant to purchase the physical 4 volume Repair Manual. At $224 per volume?

In past I've purchased Honda Manuals. They're typically a single (very thick) book, well organized, full of explanations. Basic service items can be a little buried, but still, reasnably easy to read. And the price typically under $100.

I picked up a pdf of the Toyota Manual, it's a very terse and unfriendly document. Helpful in the whole, but the paper version is NOT worth close to a grand!

4. our1vue

our1vue Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Mendel,
    I won't buy them. I'll ask Santa to bring them for Christmas :)
    Actually, I would only be interested in the volumes for the body and the engine. I think the transmission volume
    is a little over my head. The trick would be to find out what volumes contain what info. Call me old fashion, but there
    is something reassuring about having the book open to the repair you are doing so you don't break something, because
    some hidden bolt is still attached.

Robert Holt likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Oh yeah, I like our Honda Manuals. Just saying: if you can snag the pdf, you'll see what you're in for ;)

I'm not sure what the divisions of the paper manual manual might be. The pdf is closing in on 8000 pages.