1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory RHD 2013 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Speedy MamaJ, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Speedy MamaJ

Speedy MamaJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, Prius peeps! I need your help and input. I am wanting to buy a 2013 Factory RHD. Yes, I know I would have to pay to have one shipped here. Have some friends that are in the military in other countries that are also checking on the laws, regulations, etc... of buying out of country and importing. I The dealerships here are offering lifetime warranty. The only thing is if I put a RHD conversion kit in, it voids the warranty. You would think Toyota would give Jeep some competition. HHHMMMMM! Jeep 12 mi mpg or Prius 50 mpg? Trying Toyota Corporate Office USA tomorrow to see how far I can get. Any advice? Let's hear it!

2. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Just to clarify, are you trying to import a JDM RHD prius over to North America?

I'm a little hazy on restrictions but I could have sworn I read somewhere (and friends may have told me) that imports from Japan have to be a certain age before you can ship them here (something like over 10 years old). At least that is the law for Canada which I why I always see old school RHD skylines, supras, mr2's rolling around but nothing newer.

If I could import a JDM car, I'd bring over the Civic Hatchback type-R for sure. that will definitely turn heads here.

Good luck.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do you want/need a RHD for?

Someone did a RHD conversion for a mail delivery vehicle and started a thread here at PriusChat.

SCH-I535

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
  5. Speedy MamaJ

Speedy MamaJ Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    For a mail route. :) Thanks for the link. I have an 09 that I may just have to put a conversion kit in.