1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory Sirius Radio for Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Metro, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Metro

Metro Your OEM Q & A Resource

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    For those of you who have patiently waited for quite some time for Toyota release Sirius Radio, your patience has paid off. It is available and currently in stock. Most of you will also be happy to know that the antenna is not the large triangular shaped one any longer. It is like the XM one now. The only catch is that the kit is only for 2006-07 model years. The previous 2 years are still limited to the current resources available. As of 04/24/07 installation instructions have not been released, but I have been assured by Toyota that they were being released "within the next few days." So please interpret that how you will. I will do my best to get them to anyone that buys a kit before they are released. Let me know if you have any questions.

Admin's Note:

The Sirius units are available for $265 shipped through the PriusChat Shop:

http://priuschat.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/83

2. Highly ImPriused

Highly ImPriused Impressive Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Will this kit work on lower package levels that don't specify they are satellite radio ready? I have a 2007 Package 1 and would definitely be interested if it's compatible. Thanks!

3. Metro

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Highly ImPriused @ Apr 24 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]428974[/snapback]</div>
    Toyota did list any packages that were not compatible. XM works on all packages right now, so if they list no limitations other than 2004-05 vehicles not working then I would say that you would be fine. I did pay careful attention to this very point when the information was released as I knew that it would be one of the first questions asked.

4. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Metro @ Apr 24 2007, 06:28 AM) [snapback]428967[/snapback]</div>

how many characters will it display?

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Which box are they using? Do you have it's model number?

6. pre-cbs

pre-cbs New Member

Also, is the fit kit the same as before or is it new?

7. Metro

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fit kit is new so there is nothing for it to be different from. I and maybe other dealers sold Solara kits before just because I knew that they would work. The current part numbers are PTS31-47060 (Fit Kit) & PTS31-53060 (Receiver). The receiver is brand new and has never been used in a Toyota before. Toyota is also updating the old receivers (PTS31-00052) to the new number. How many characters it will display is a difficult question to answer. That is information that Toyota has never provided to dealers before. I have requested it, but I think that it stems from them not knowing either. I don't even think that they know that it matters to customers. We will probably have to poll owners with the 3 different audio head units and find out that way.

8. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    How you sell it at a price of $250 when others are selling them at $400?

9. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Apr 25 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]430123[/snapback]</div>
    Because those 'others' are ripping you off. He's not.

10. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So Factory Interactive is ripping us off then? Hmmmmm.

11. scapegoat

scapegoat New Member

First post here and all that, as I am considering heavily getting a Prius this coming weekend.

It sounds as if Sirius is an add-on that I can get from the dealer after my original purchase? My guess would be that any 2007 prius they have on the lot right now won't have Sirius wired in already.

Also, how do the satellite radios and subscriptions work with a new car purchase? I currently have a sirius radio now that is the standard portable type with the auto kit. I know I can transfer service from one portable radio device to another; can I transfer my service to the car radio, or will I need to activate a line of service via the dealership?

Thanks!

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Apr 25 2007, 10:22 PM) [snapback]430293[/snapback]</div>

I've never heard of Factory Interactive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scapegoat @ Apr 26 2007, 12:06 AM) [snapback]430330[/snapback]</div>
    You could get it installed at the dealership, but you're going to pay a HUGE premium.

Subscriptions don't work any different - they may hopefully have a lower price per month, but don't count on it. Otherwise you can just transfer the account from the old radio to the new one.

Be sure to get the network ID for the module.

13. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
  14. Metro

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Apr 25 2007, 05:37 PM) [snapback]430123[/snapback]</div>
    I can because I know that there are enough people who will look for a deal instead of buying the first thing they see regardless of the cost. Most dealers feel that they have customers at a disadvantage because they think they cannot go anywhere else to get the same parts. I simply disagree and know that savvy customers will search for a combination of good customer service and good price. I happen to offer both. I would rather sell a lot at a discount to people all over the country than sell a few at $300-400 locally. Other dealers fail to realize that more and more people shop over the internet every day, and will simply not come through their door anymore if they are not competitive.

On a different note I wanted to let people know that Toyota sent me the installation instructions for Prius Sirius kit. If you need them or would like to look through them before purchasing please email me and I will send them to you.

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scapegoat @ Apr 26 2007, 03:06 AM) [snapback]430330[/snapback]</div>
    My Sirus came with the car built in, I also got 9 months of free service..... The dealer turns it on before you leave the dealership.. ;)

16. adegiulio

adegiulio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I understand that they didn't specifically exclude the non-JBL stereos, but I am not quite convinced that the base radio (non-satellite ready) will work. Do the install instructions shed any light on this? I still haven't bought my prius and will spend the extra money to get the satellite ready radio as long as I can get sat. radio. I would love to not have to spend that extra money, but I would like to be sure...

Thanks for any info... :)

17. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Please find out what the display character limit is.

18. GadgetMan2

GadgetMan2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Apr 26 2007, 06:52 AM) [snapback]430364[/snapback]</div>

I see nothing on your sight on the Sirius kit. How do we order?

19. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That link is not my site, it is Factory Interactives site and is for the Sirius.

20. BelowTheCrowd

BelowTheCrowd New Member

I have just received a kit from Factory Interactive which includes the PTS31-53060 receiver. I'll be installing it on a 2007 with package 6 by the end of the weekend. I will advise as to how it all works.

-btc