1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FACTORY TIN

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mandymou, Jun 22, 2006.

1. mandymou

mandymou New Member

I AM UPSET CAUSE I ORDERED MY PRIUS THROUGH MY MOTHER IN LAW I TOLD HER NO FACTORY TINT CAUSE I AM AFRAID IT WILL NOT BE DARK ENOUGH, I GET THE MESSAGE SAYING IT IS IN PORT AND ONE OF ITS OPTIONS IS FACTORY TINT:( DOES ANYONE HAVE FACTORY TINT IS IT DARK OR EVEN KINDA DARK! THE REASON I WANTED DARK IS FOR MY SON, IT IS BETTER FOR HIM OR THATS WHAT I THINK ANYWAY, SO IF ANYONE HAS THIS TINT CAN YOU GIVE ME A PERCENTAGE THAT IT IS OR ANY DESCRIPTION OF IT THANKS AMANDA :angry:

2. B Rad

B Rad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mandymou @ Jun 22 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]275494[/snapback]</div>
    Calm down !! My car came in yesterday and yes there is a tint to the side and hatch windows. If its not dark enough you can just tint over it, which is what I will do next week.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B Rad @ Jun 22 2006, 03:50 PM) [snapback]275498[/snapback]</div>
    The Southeast independent Toyota distributor offers a port installed optional tint which is not offered by the factory or the distributor on cars sold in Arizona.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Geez dude, the glass comes from Japan with a slight tint...all models and there's no option to avoid it. Just tint any and all glass you want as dark as you want.