1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Factory XM installed, convert to Sirius? Use SiriusPrius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DonC, Aug 7, 2006.

1. DonC

DonC New Member

So, I finally got my 2006 with #8 + XM satellite radio. Despite my prodding dealer couldn't understand how to migrate it to Sirius. I have done my research, and it appears that the best way to go is to to order Factory Interactive's Sirius Prius kit.

Here's my question, if I buy the package, do I really need anything more than the "tuner" modified to defeat the static problem? Or do I have to re-wire all the way back to the head unit?

Thanks,

Don

2. DonC

DonC New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonC @ Aug 7 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]298969[/snapback]</div>
    I heard back from John at FI, he said it all needs to be rewired unfortunately.

Don

3. mike_m

mike_m New Member

For whatever it's worth, I bought Jon's unit and it works for my Sirius. I also tried Toyota's Sirius unit with the 2 jumper wires (the fix) while I was at the dealer with the tech. It worked also.

4. justsoup

justsoup New Member

Just giving you my two cents....

I had Jon at Factory Interactive install the Sirius radio and antenna in my '06 Prius. It works like a charm. It took him only 1:15 to install the entire system. Definitely well worth the investment including the installation cost. Jon was very informed about both XM and Sirius. He has both in his Prius. I highly recommend checking Factory Interactive out for either Xm or Sirius.

5. car

car New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(justsoup @ Aug 16 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]304218[/snapback]</div>
    How did he rig it to have both sirius and XM integrated into the MFD?

6. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonC @ Aug 7 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]298969[/snapback]</div>
    I tried to buy a Toyota Sirus today for a side job and found out you can't at the moment. There is a problem with the 2006 and they are working to correct this. The problem is intermitting static caused by the interface portion not the tuner portion. Dealer said it is on hold till there is a fix. Earlier units this year have had enough trouble to make them stop selling them over the parts counter. :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

7. DonC

DonC New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BobZ @ Aug 16 2006, 10:26 PM) [snapback]304437[/snapback]</div>
    I have been living with my Sirius tuner plugged in via the Aux input. As compared to my previous car of going through the FM tuner, it is much better. but I would like it fully-integrated... I resist the temptation to activate XM every day..

8. BobZ

BobZ New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonC @ Aug 17 2006, 05:25 AM) [snapback]304563[/snapback]</div>
    I actually have both XM and Sirius. XM is in my Prius and Sirius is part of my Dish network package. Of the two I'll take XM