1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Failed inspection on shocker

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by james909, Aug 12, 2024 at 3:32 PM.

1. james909

james909 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Offside front shock absorber failed inspection. Nearside front and rears passed. Pictures of both front shockers attached for comparison. How bad does it look in your opinion?

Attached Files:

#1 james909, Aug 12, 2024 at 3:32 PM
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2024 at 5:05 PM
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    They actually look like h e l l my buddy I would get those swapped out even some eBay cheapies I think even some mid-range now come painted with extra special paint that doesn't corrode like that for a long time they'll stay black You can even get single rate springs which seem to do a lot better on my car which is slightly lifted so my old rear end can get in and out better has nothing to do with off-roading generally speaking I do off-road but for work and not rock crawling and specialty sporting nonsense. But they look really bad been a long time since I've been in the UK to see that kind of surface rust and what have you but on that last picture the inside looks like that shock is blown up all over the piston and all of it so I would say a new set would greatly improve your ride especially while you're doing it do the lower ball joints up front maybe the front wheel bearings while you have all that apart it's very fast to do and it'll make your car seemingly handle and drive forward like new again I would hope you can get the parts as cheap as we can here in the States