1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fair price for 2011 Prius IV NEW from dealer?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by RH802, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RH802

RH802 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello everyone! I am hoping to become a Prius owner in the next week or so, very excited! This will be my first hybrid, and first small car after a long line of SUVs and minivans. I have two little boys, ages 6 and 2.

I've located a brand new 2011 IV at my local dealer. It has everything I wanted as far as options. It has the solar roof package. Their sticker price was $33,098 (seems high???), and they've offered $2,569 off that, to get to $30,529 as purchase price. KBB says fair price for the 2011 IV with solar is $30,115, but I also don't know if those are stale numbers as this is last year's model. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions as to how much you think I could come down from their "stated" price of $30,529, that would be extremely helpful. I am in the middle of negotiating and would love to get a deal done today or tomorrow if I can, as we are taking a long road trip this weekend and I am salivating thinking of how much I could save on gas for the trip ;)

Thanks much and happy to be here!