1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Faith in neighbourly spirit restored

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GrumpyCabbie, Jan 7, 2010.

1. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We are all aware of the cold and snowy weather we've been having recently. Well, I haven't been able to get my car off the drive in the last couple of days (well I did but got about 10 feet!) as the snow on the uncleared road is too deep for it. I cleared the drive yesterday as best I could just in case the road was cleared. Went out this morning and found that one of my neighbours has gritted/salted my drive and the area of road around mine and a couple other houses :eek:

Wow. I have no idea who it was but it is a small cul de sac with about 10 houses.

Anyone else had any similar kindly experiences in the adverse weather?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That sort of thing is common in our area, but then I live in a tiny village where we all know each other. As my father likes to say: "Our neighbors not only know when I shower, they know what kind of shampoo I use."

Tom

3. GreenGuy33

GreenGuy33 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My neighbors think I am so nice because I use my snow blower to clear their driveways, but to be honest, I love using my Husqvarna 12hp snow blower. It brings out the Tim Taylor of Tool Time in me. (insert grunts here):)
    [​IMG]

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    To insert an image from a link, you first need to upload the image to a server. You can use the one on PC by clicking on the "manage attachments" button. From there, upload your photo and then copy the URL to the link in your post.

Tom

5. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I had the exact opposite experience, i'm afraid. Went on a road trip over the holidays, and got out of town right before the "big storm" hit. When i finally got back (after 12 hours on the road that day), I found my driveway under a foot of snow, with a 3 foot mound of ice at the bottom where the plows threw it up.

6. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On Christmas morning, as the kids were going through their stocking and we were all in our PJ's, my neighbor I don't talk to much showed up in my driveway with his snowblower and proceeded to clean the 8 inches of snow off for me.

(He was eagar to use his new snowblower and I was eagar to let him!)