1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Family Prius Roadtrip

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Happy Feet, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Happy Feet

Happy Feet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Our family purchased our new 2008 SPM Prius late March 08 (before the insanity). For those interested we paid $23279 + ttl. We recently completed a 4500+ mile road trip through 17 states with our 7-year old daughter. Thought we'd share some of the stats from the trip. We started from Fargo, ND through MN,WI,IL,IN,KY,TN,GA, and finished in FL (orlando). We returned through GA,AL,MS,TN,AK,MO,KS,IA,NE,SD,MN,ND. We chose a different return route so that DH could pick up his last 3 continental states :D. We took our time traveling and were gone for 23 days of which 13 were in FL (yea, SeaWorld!). Here are the stats:

Miles: 4512.7 mi
    Gas: 99.407 US gal. (what we put in)
    Cost for gas: $391.41
    Cost for kenneling dogs ($378 !) almost as much as gas!!
    MPG: 45.4 mpg / by computer 46.3 mpg
    We saw 333 other Prii on the road (maybe one was you). We have a break down of the colors/states if anyone was interested.

We had plenty of room for all of our luggage, two large dogs for part of the trip, two adults and one child.

We found the seats to be OK for comfort, but it helped to get out of the car every few hours to do some geocaching, get food, have potty breaks, but not for gas (that often).

PS We travel often (even with a child) and this was probably our favorite vacation to date.

2. 4G63

4G63 I quit boosting

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    that must've been awesome! we'll go for a trip from chicago to toronto during the labor day weekend on our prius. much shorter than ur trip but still kinda long for me.. i feel so much better after seeing ur post.. :D