1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fan works with low temperature when start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Morris_Mongolia, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Morris_Mongolia

Morris_Mongolia New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dear All

I have a problem with my prius 2004. When i start my prius then the Fan is always on with coolest temperature and air-con is also on. How I fix this problem? Is there any reset method to off the fan when I push on the power button or any method fan works with hot temperature.

Thanks a lot

2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    According to how you describe it, I would say there's nothing wrong with your Prius. What settings are you using, and have you read the destruction manual? My Prius is a 2009 Gen II, and I've noticed the system will remember how the A/C, temp, and vent-settings was set last time the system was switched off, so when the system is started up again, it carries on from where it left off although it might change things according to the outside conditions. - hope this helps - Wil (BTW Welcome to PriusChat!)

3. Morris_Mongolia

Morris_Mongolia New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Many thanks for your advise

But i adjust my temperature every time in a hot temperature last 2 months. then turn off my car. and after few hours i start it again then the temperature is coldest and fan is always on. within 30minutes its fine and remembered my last adjustment of temperature. It's very difficult to me because in my country it's cold season now.

4. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Is the AC on? If your air conditioning is in AUTO then AC is on and radiator fans will run (if temperature is above freezing). If you put air conditioning to manual mode by pressing some blower mode button on screen you can then turn AC off by pressing its button on screen. If you keep air conditioning in manual mode all settings will stay. If your AC is turned off and engine is not hot (unlikely) fans shouldn’t run.

For winter driving I just put the blower to feet+windscreen mode and turn AC off. Then I put the temperature to coldest number (not the MIN).

5. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not quite sure I understand. When you go to the climate control screen, does the climate control actually show "LO" as the temperature setting? Or does it show some other numeric temperature that you want but the air that comes out of the vents is very cold?

The Prius especially in Mongolia will take a long time to warm up, it is an efficient car which means less heat. So if you have it set to a warm inside temperature but it is very cold outside it will take many minutes (10+ minutes) before warm air starts blowing out.

valde3 likes this.