1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fang lights? Fog lights? What do we have, here?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Misplaced10mm, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Misplaced10mm

Misplaced10mm Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hey Prius gang- I have this 2018 Prius V. It has these skinny lights on the lower sides of my front fender.

What are these light called? I've searched online and some people call them "fang lights". Others call them "fog lights". I'm asking because recently one of these lights was damaged by some rock debris. I replaced it, but then realized that I have no idea what these lights are or how to turn them on.

I've consulted the owner's manual and the manual's photos of the headlight control knob do not resemble mine at all. The manual's diagram has two separate "rings" that can be independently turned. Mine only has one. Top view, front view. And my accessories panel does not have the fog lights icon on it.

The lights are connected to my electrical system. I know this because I replaced the broken "fang light" myself earlier today and it does have a connector that had to be unplugged.

2. Doug McC

Doug McC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    They are LED Accent lights. In US models my ‘22 owners manual shows two styles of levers depending on the trim level (only one lever has fog light controls). Assuming your vehicle is Canadian, the manual only shows the one level EDIT LEVER for your vehicle.

#2 Doug McC, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  3. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have those lights on the front of my 2021 AWD but don't see "fang lights" listed on the Spark Parts website but see "clearance light assembly" but the diagram doesn't show their location. It does have our fog lights but, again, the diagram doesn't show the front of the car...so not useful!!

When I have a hard time finding a part number, I'll take the part off and inspect it...almost all of the time the part number is printed on it.

I want to replace my wife's 2017 Driver/Passenger visor with visors from my 2021 that have the little plastic tabs that slide out on the side...but haven't been able to find it, yet.