1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fastrak confusion, California

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by zamman, Mar 11, 2006.

1. zamman

zamman New Member

I ordered my Fastrak transponder as soon as I got my car by completing the hybrid-specific application (and enclosing the sales documents with VIN). I just received the transponder, but I had expected some indication that it would be for a hybrid. For example, the Fastrak website says that I should have received:

• A hybrid transponder: But how do I know if the transponder is a hybrid transponder?
    • A DMV Sticker Application Instruction Sheet: It did not arrive in the envelope.
    • A receipt with hybrid transponder number and hybrid vehicle’s VIN: No indication on the receipt that it is a hybrid transponder number, and the VIN is not on the receipt.

And when I check my new Fastrak online account, no vehicle is listed.

I’m beginning to think that Fastrak has not registered my car as a hybrid. And I fear that if I submit my HOV sticker application, it will get rejected (and I may lose a month or two in the process).

Have you had a similar experience? Can you provide some clarification on whether Fastrak (or I) have messed up? And, if so, how I would go about correcting it?

Thanks.

2. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

it is registered as hybrid...I did the same and all was OK when I checked...
    darwin Oakland CA

3. jayway

jayway New Member

I picked mine up at the office on Emabarcadero. It had a green Dot on it that they told me identified it as a Hybrid type. They said I could use it in my other car but not to use my other one in the prius, at least not while using the HOV lane on the bridge durring carpool hours.