1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Faulty 2004 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by pbaudsley, Mar 23, 2004.

1. pbaudsley

pbaudsley New Member

My first message.

I was due to collect my new silver Prius T4 (in the UK we have three spec levels, T3, T4 & T-Spirit), last Friday 19 March. Three hours before collection, the dealer phoned to say that digital instrument display on the car had stopped operating, therfore until they had invesigated the fault, they obviously couldn't release the car.
    I was told on Monday that it needed a new display , and that they were having to remove the digital display from a showroom model and fit it to mine, as no spares were available at Toyota UK.
    To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement, having been looking forward to collect the car for over six weeks. I hope the long term reliability of the car is better then the short term.
    Has anyone else heard of a similar fault ?

2. Batavier

Batavier Member

I read many boards and forums on the Prius, but never saw something about what you described. I feel for you, but you only waited six weeks for your car? Darn, that's pretty short :)

3. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    agree... lots of reading, and have not seen your problem. Look on the bright side... better to fail there before you get it out on the road.

I just know you will have much fun driving the Prius. And you have waited only 6 weeks... quit your conplaining :wink: Mine... order Jun... Pickup Oct 2003 ...

I would think it should take them only 1 day to do the change out and the rest of the checkout...

Best of luck