1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fearless - Jet Li

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by F8L, Jan 13, 2007.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just finished it and if you are fan of his movies I recommend seeing it.

Ironically it was my little sister (13) who rented it. I have spent the last two day talking with her about fighting and the most honorable way to do it when she must and how she can set it up so she is less likely to get in trouble and give her an edge at the same time. She is only one fight away from being expelled from her middle school after her last fight two days ago. The girl she fought actually came so prepared (she planned on fighting my sister that day I guess) that she tied her hair up tight and smeared vasoline on her face before having another girl lure my sister to them... This is a middle school age girl using heavyweight boxing techniques? Wth is wrong with our kids today?

For awhile now I have been trying to teach her about society and how backwards most people are when it comes to compasion, community, and being centered with oneself. Her fight has left her with threats from middle school and highschool kids, boys included, on her cell phone and myspace. I told her and my mom how any real retaliation will just escalate things futher to no good end and I thought it amusing that this movie she picked out ended up displaying all of the things we talked about in vivid and sometimes savage imagery.

Honor indeed.... Where has it gone?