1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Feature request: don't charge during TOU peak hours

Discussion in 'Prime Plug-in Charging' started by r.p., Oct 27, 2023.

1. r.p.

r.p. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm pretty sure there's no benefit to posting this on PriusChat, but it makes me feel a little better (misery loves company and all...)

A simple feature request for those of us who have Time Of Use rate plans with our electric companies: Please make it possible to inhibit charging between (e.g.) 4pm and 9pm, but to enable charging at all other times, regardless of when the charger is plugged in.

The best alternative suggestion I've seen on this forum is a sauna timer. That's okay, but a firmware upgrade that anyone could use is superior to a sauna timer in one person's garage.

Hope against hope: does anyone from Toyota monitor these pages?

Speedman likes this.
  2. pramodhrachuri

pramodhrachuri New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    The newer versions have a charge scheduling feature. But if you are using an older version, you can try using the following plug.
    SONOFF S31 WiFi Smart Plug with Energy Monitoring

I use this for measuring how much energy I am spending on EV charging. But it has scheduling features and IoT functionality. $8 before taxes

3. Starship_Enterprius

Starship_Enterprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Premium
    Aside from that i'd like it to maintain only 50% charge or whatever i decide for battery longevity all day/week, and only creep to 100% on departure time. That way if i go on an unscheduled short errand, it has at some useful charge in it.

4. pramodhrachuri

pramodhrachuri New Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    SE
    I think Toyota is already limiting the maximum SOC to maximize longevity. I think you should charge it fully and leave the rest to the computer.