1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Features from other geographies

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Croft, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Croft

Croft New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Apologies if this has already been covered. I have been lurking for a while before registering, and I did have a quick check before considering this post!

What features would people like on their 2010 Prius that are avalaible in other countries/areas but not in their own? As a UK resident with a Prius on order my big disappointments were:

• Heated seats. Available in the US but not over here yet. We do have the leather as an option. Love it in my current car.
    • Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. We only have the normal Cruise Control on the T4 and T Spirit. Apparently Toyota thought our roads were to busy for it - isn't that exactly the point?
    • Lane Keep Assist - not such a regret, but sounds neat!
    • Pre-Collision System - could save your life but again not a deal breaker.

I guess for US owners the only thing they'd want is the HUD (which is great by the way). I've seen a fair amount of comment about the lack of automatic headlights, though reading through the North America manual it is an option (p206 and 207). Is it only with LED headlights as over here in the UK?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We don't get automatic headlights in the U.S., depending on your definition of automatic. They are "auto off", but they don't turn on automatically when it gets dark.

Tom

3. Croft

Croft New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was just looking at p 207 in the North America manual...

...so assumed it was an option!

The UK LED Pack includes a "dusk sensing function" so they light up automatically as it gets dark.

We also appear to have RDS on the radio across the range which from some comments doesn't appear to be the case with US models at least. I would say though, you guys pay far less for your models!

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A